Flying Fox is India’s first and best zip line tour company.
Our vision is to provide a thrilling, challenging, world-class adventure experience with the highest standards of safety and customer care.
A zip line tour is a unique and exhilarating aerial journey between hill forts and ridge tops, during which you fly down a series of ultra-strong cables or zip lines, attached by a harness and pulley. Our trained instructors accompany you at every stage to ensure your safety and to entertain you with their knowledge of local history, culture and ecology.
Each tour consists of a safety brief and assessment on a small 15m zip wire, small amounts of trekking, and all zip wires at the location (e.g. 5 zips at Neemrana) as part of the package and included in the price.
During this tour you will be accompanied by two trained instructors and provided with all equipment & drinking water
The duration of each zip tour depends on a number of factors, including group size, individual fitness and weather conditions. Average times for a full group are given below:
- Neemrana: 2.0-2.5 hours per zipline tour. This includes approximately 20 minutes to hike up the hill to the beginning of Zip 1 and 20 minutes for the safety briefing. It also includes rest breaks and short hikes between the 5 zip lines.
- Jodhpur: 1.0-1.5 hours per zipline tour. This includes approximately 20 minutes for the safety briefing and 5 minutes to hike to the beginning of Zip 1. It also includes rest breaks and short hikes between the 6 zip lines.
- Kikar: 2.0-2.5 hours per zipline tour. This includes approximately 20 minutes for the safety briefing and 20 minutes to hike up the hill to the beginning of Zip 1. It also includes rest breaks and short hikes between the 5 zip lines.
- Rishikesh: 45-60 minutes. This includes 20 minutes for the safety briefing and a short hike between the 2 zip lines.
All participants must be reasonably fit and healthy, measuring a minimum of 1.4 meters (4 feet 7 inches) tall, and must weigh less than 115kg (18 stones).
There is no age limit - Our oldest zipper was 84 years old!
Children under the age of 18 years may not participate in the Activities without their parent / guardian first signing a Flying Fox Disclaimer.
Children under 16 years must be supervised by a participating parent / guardian customer at all times on the tour, or by an adult with the express authority of the parent / guardian to supervise their child. Minors aged 16-17 years do not need to be supervised by a participating adult customer. A participating adult can supervise a maximum of 11 children per tour / session, subject to the express permission of the parents / guardians of those children.
If you have particular health concerns regarding this activity see the "Safety" section below.
Yes & no... If you find bungee jumping or lion taming run of the mill, zip lining will probably not provide your adrenaline fix. If it's your first adventure experience however, you're likely to feel a little nervous.
Our favourite type of customers are those who challenge their fears, and our instructors are experts at supporting participants who find it hard. At least once a day we have a customer who overcomes a fear of heights - it's one of the reasons we love our job.
However, there is no question, no matter who you are or what you've done, it is great fun, beautiful and super safe.
- Strong shoes, trainers or boots – no open-toe sandals, slip-on shoes or high heels please!
- Trousers or shorts – not skirts or saris
- Avoid short shirts or tops – waists must be covered for the harness to fit comfortably
- Dress for the weather, in clothes you don’t mind getting a little dirty or damaged
- Bring a sun hat, which you can clip onto your harness while zipping, and hair-bands to tie back any long hair
Yes, and we can also provide you with a bag to carry it. You can also take a camera phone, although you must keep it on silent and not answer calls etc. However, you will not be able to take pictures or videos yourself whilst zipping.
Selfie sticks are not allowed as you need both hands whilst zipping.
To get the action shots pass your camera to your friend or our instructor.
- Book online at www.flyingfox.asia using your credit or debit card - online bookings and payments are only accepted in advance, i.e. until midnight on the day before your zip line tour
- For information on how to book or if you have questions you want answered before making a booking, call us on (+91) 98109 99390
- For on the day bookings you can pay at our booking office in Neemrana Fort Palace and Mehrangarh Fort, by cash or credit card (Visa / Mastercard and Maestro only – not Annex, unfortunately)
- Full rack rates apply for same day bookings - no advance discounts will be available on the same day
- You can only avail the online discount by booking at least one day before the date you want to zip. For same day bookings the rack rate applies.
- In order to avoid disappointment and for our best rates we strongly advise that you book in advance - especially for weekends which often book up early
- You can only take advantage of our special online discounted rates by booking and paying in advance - that means no later than midnight on the day before your zip line tour
- Remember: by booking in advance you gain free entry to Neemrana Fort-Palace - otherwise you'll have to pay Rs 1900 for fort entry + lunch (weekends / holidays) or Rs 1600 (weekdays)
- Yes, you can make a booking for another individual or for a group. You can also purchase a gift voucher which we’d be happy to mail to a recipient of your choice.
- If you arrive late for your session or cancel less than 24 hours before your tour we will regrettably have to charge you the full ticket price as your session could have been utilized by another customer.
- We’ll try to accommodate your on a different session if there’s space available, but we cannot guarantee you a space.
- We are happy to provide a refund for all advance purchase bookings if we receive your cancellation request at least 24 hours before the start of your tour. All cancellations and refunds are subject to a Rs 250 per person cancellation charge.
- To cancel your booking and receive a refund, please call our booking line (98109 99390) or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The refund will be made by the same method as the payment.
- You will receive a cancellation reference number which you must retain.
- No refund is possible for a cancellation or no-show on the day of the zip tour itself
- On rare occasions extreme weather such as strong winds, heavy rain or electrical storms will mean that Flying Fox has to postpone a tour.
- If your tour is canceled we’ll do our best to book you onto an alternative tour on same the date of your choice.
- You will receive a cancellation reference number which you must retain.
- If we cannot accommodate your wishes that day, we shall provide you with a gift voucher so you can book yourself into a tour on a more convenient date.
- Our zipline tour has been designed and constructed to international standards - each component has been tested to destruction to demonstrate a safety factor of 3, meaning everything is 3x stronger than it needs to be.
- Every zip wire gets checked each day before use, each month by a senior instructor, every 3 months by head office and every year by an independent engineer
- Our personal protective equipment (PPE) is made by Petzl of France, one of the world’s leading climbing brands. We check the PPE every day before use, with detailed checks every month by a senior instructor and every 3 months by head office
- Our operations conform to EN-15567 – Europe’s latest standard for high ropes adventure courses which includes our instructor training and assessment standards. We have been inspected to this standard by international third party experts
- All equipment is subject to daily safety checks before use
- Our instructors are fully trained to European standards before the start of each season; they receive refresher training and have to pass a safety assessment every month during the season.
- Every zip line tour is led by an instructor trained by an external third party in first aid. Every site manager is trained in Advanced Wilderness First Aid
- Before starting the tour, each participant receives a comprehensive verbal and written safety brief, a safety demonstration plus the opportunity to practice with the equipment on a short low-level practice zip
- Our head office conducts periodic risk assessments on each site to ensure all hazards are mitigated
All adventurous activities, by their very nature, have an element of risk. At Flying Fox we take all reasonable measures to reduce these risks. We do this by conducting risk assessments on every single element of the zip tour.
At the beginning of each zip tour all customers are provided with a 'safety tips and advise' laminate which describes the risks involved but you can expect the following:
- Hot weather! We provide water, but you shall be active and in the sun for up to 2 1/2 hours depending of the location of your tour
- Mild exercise - the zip tour is not physically demanding but may involve a 10-15 minute trek up steep and rocky paths
- Slips trips and falls - we operate in a wilderness environment The most important thing is to listen to your instructors and follow their advise.
- Our zip tour is fairly physically demanding and requires a degree of agility, strength and stamina, including hiking up hills and standing outside for up to 2.5 hours in often hot and humid conditions.
- If participants have medical concerns, including but not limited to heart disease, high or low blood pressure, diabetes, vertigo, epilepsy, asthma or any other medical or physical condition which might be aggravated by the activities, they are advised to consult their doctor in advance of taking part in the activities.
- Participants with an existing medical condition who wish to take part in the zip tour will be required to sign an Existing Medical Condition form to certify that they will not hold Flying Fox responsible for any medical condition triggered or aggravated by the activities.
- Due to the physical nature of the zip tour, unfortunately pregnant women cannot participate. Flying Fox reserves the right to refuse entry if we have any concerns that a medical condition may be aggravated by the activity. Our site manager's decision on this is final.